Volunteers are at the heart of CPRE Somerset. We rely not just on the strength we have in the number of members when making our views known, but also on the skills and knowledge of our volunteers who come from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
So, do you have the time, skills, experience and knowledge to help us? You don’t necessarily need to be knowledgeable about planning matters, as there is a range of activities on which we need help. For example:
- joining one of our District Groups: bring your past experience and skills of chairing or minute taking to your local CPRE District Group
- becoming a local planning volunteer (our eyes and ears in your parish): if you are interested in what is happening in your parish, why not help us and take a look at local planning applications on the ground affecting your village and let us know your views? Local planning volunteers help CPRE Somerset with our core work – investigating planning applications which have a significant impact upon the countryside and helping us influence their outcome.
- becoming a minerals volunteer: do you know your geology? could you help to keep an eye on minerals and quarrying schemes across the county?
- organising events and activities for fellow members: could you help pull together a series of interesting talks, visits or social evenings and fund raising events?
- could you help to run a CPRE Somerset stall at your village fete or local country show? We can provide all the materials, we just need friendly faces to be there on the day